* Carroll, Michael. Madonnas That Maim: Popular Catholicism in Italy since the Fifteenth Century.
* Carroll, Michael. Veiled Threats: The Logic of Popular Catholicism in Italy.
De Martino, Ernesto. Morte e pianto rituale.
De Martino, Ernesto. Magic: A Theory from the South.
* De Martino, Ernest. The Land of Remorse: A Study of Southern Italian Tarantism.
De Mattos Frisvold, Nicholaj. “Stregoneria, A Roman Furnace”. In Serpent Songs.
Favarò, Sara. A Cruna: Antologia di Rosari Siciliani.
Malpezzi, Frances M., and William M. Clements. Italian-American Folklore.
Orsi, Robert A. The Madonna of 115th Street: Faith and Community in Italian Harlem, 1880-1950.
Pitrè, Giuseppe. Bibliotecca delle tradizione popolare siciliane.
Sciorra, Joseph. Embroidered Stories: Interpreting Women’s Domestic Needlework from the Italian Diaspora.
* Sciorra, Joseph. Built with Faith: Italian-American Imagination and Catholic Material Culture in New York City.
Varacalli, Joseph A., et al., eds. The Saints in the Lives of Italian-Americans.
* Barber, Elizabeth Wayland. Women’s Work: The First 20,000 Years.
* Barber, Elizabeth Wayland. The Dancing Goddesses: Folklore, Archaeology, and the Origins of European Dance.
* Dashu, Max. The Secret History of the Witches.
* Turner, Kay. Beautiful Necessity: The art and meaning of women’s altars.
Brown, Peter. The Cult of the Saints: Its Rise and Function in Latin Christianity.
Orsi, Robert A. Thank You, St. Jude: Women’s Devotion to the Patron Saint of Hopeless Causes.
Weinstein, Donald and Rudolph M. Bell. Saints & Society.
* Highly recommended.